Thanks to NewsletterMonitor, throughout 2013 we collected a huge quantity of newsletters and have brought
them together here in an analysis of how the apparel and personal objects industry communicated with its users.
The analysis relates to over 1,900 international brands that send newsletters in the English language.
• In 2013, 165,000 English language emails were sent by over 1,900 brands in the apparel and personal object industry.
• On average, each brand sent 114 emails per year (9.5 emails per month).
• Only 1 email out of 5 is sent out during weekends.
• At the end of the year (starting from October) there was an increase in frequency.
• 9.5% of the emails are sent while users are sleeping! (between 00:00 gmt+1 and 07:00 gmt+1).
• Emails are sent at every hour of the day. The first minutes of each hour are generally preferred.
• 9% of emails use a “noreply@” for the mail-from address
See on www.slideshare.net